Top 3 – Fun Facts
- A live steer weighs about 1,000 pounds and yields about 450 pounds of edible meat.
- Beef is one of the most important dietary sources of iron. To obtain the same amount of iron found in a 3-ounce serving of beef, you’d have to eat at least 3 cups of raw spinach.
- Cows “babysit” for one another. Often one cow will stay with a group of baby calves while the others go for water.
Where does my money go?
Costs Are Estimated And Fluctuate Seasonally
- Cost To Feed One Cow For One Year = $865.00
- Cost To Feed Herd For One Month = $2,100.00
- Cost To Feed Herd For Three Months = 6,300.00
- Cost To Feed Herd For One Year = $25,200.00
- *Includes Daily Maintenance Costs
- Living Cost (Vaccination, Electricity, Water, Stockmanshop, Cleaning): $2,800.00
- TOTAL COST = $28,000.00
$0 of $28,000 raised